Thursday, February 8, 2018

14 Days of Love: Day 8 | Harry Potter

Que the Harry Potter theme song. Where my fellow Potterheads at? Like I said in this post (from so long ago lol) I didn't always love HP. I wasn't one of those kids who read them when they came out and then skipped school to go to the premieres of the movies. My family just wasn't into the whole witchcraft and wizardry stuff. One day in college, I was hanging out with Parker and his roommates and we were talking about our favorite books. I mentioned that I had never read the Harry Potter books and Parker told me that we couldn't be friends until I read them so I read them all that summer and from that point on, I've been obsessed. We've been lucky enough to visit Universal Studios to see Harry Potter world and man oh man is it incredible! You can see more about that trip HERE.

So I thought I would share a little bit about my love of Harry Potter by showing you what I got for Christmas this year - keep in mind I didn't ask for any of these things - my friends and family just know me SO WELL!

Harry Potter Clue. Parker hates Clue so if anyone wants to play this with me sometime, that would be awesome! Clue is my favorite game - more on that later - and no one ever wants to play it with me hahah The combination of Harry Potter and Clue? Well, let's just say it's magical.

Harry Potter: Hogwarts Battle. This game is SO FUN! Parker bought this for me and I didn't even know it was a thing so I didn't know what to expect. We got pretty much snowed in at my in-law's house over Christmas break and we played this game for hours and hours. I felt like such a nerd but I kept finding myself saying, "I love this game!" multiple times because it was just so fun. You work together as a team to play against the board and to defeat He Who Must Not Be Named and it's the best kind of nerdy. 

The new beautifully illustrated first 3 books in the Harry Potter Series. They are incredible and I was really close to tears when I opened these on Christmas morning because I could just imagine so clearly reading these books to our future children and how special that will be!

Engraved Wooden Musical Box that plays the Harry Potter theme song. My family draws names between the siblings for gifts and Matlin didn't have my name this year but she saw this advertised on Instagram and knew that I would love it so she bought it for me anyway. Those are the best kinds of gifts - the ones that just remind you so much of a certain person and you know they would love it! I was so touched and thought it was so thoughtful of her! This little box makes me smile every time I see it.

Low-quality pictures from a high-quality place. 

Who's ready to watch the Harry Potter movies, now? Movie marathon anyone? Which of the Harry Potter books is your favorite and why?

Also, if you are in need of a laugh, I compiled this post of Harry Potter memes years ago after I finished reading all of the books and they are cracking me up!

To read about the other things I love, click HERE!

xoxo, Chelan

No comments :

Post a Comment