Thursday, March 10, 2016

Currently Reading: As You Are by Sarah M. Eden

Those of you that know me, know that I looooove a good book. I didn't always love reading though... it was all a matter of finding the right book and after that I was hooked!

My love for reading started the summer between grade 6 and 7 (if I remember correctly). I had just gotten home from a trip to Fairmont with Janeen (Dittmann) Foggin, Karlee Cahoon, and Madison Beazer. On the trip it seemed like during any down time we had, the only thing those girls wanted to do was read books! Big books! Books longer than 100 pages (which for my little grade-sixer mind was absolutely insane). And they kept telling me that I should try reading one too! So I tried... but it didn't really catch my interest too much. (Also, I want to add that the trip was actually really fun and we did do other things besides read!!!).. Anyway, after I had gotten home, I told my mom that I wanted to read bigger books because Janeen and Karlee and Madison were the cool girls and I wanted to be more like them. So she grabbed Finding Paradise by Michele Ashman Bell from her closet and let me try it. I couldn't put it down! And ever since then I have loved reading!

I love stories about love, mysteries, post-apocalyptic societies, historical romance, LDS books, Harry Potter (because it deserves a shout of all by itself), YA novels, etc. And somehow, in the hustle and bustle of life, I've still found ways to keep reading somewhat of a priority. So I've decided that I'm going to share every once in a while what I am currently reading/what I've recently read that I've loved. And if you have suggestions of book you think I would like, send them my way! I'm always looking for a new book!

Goodreads recommended Sarah M. Eden as an author that I should try based on which books I have already read and rated highly so I gave her book entitled The Kiss of a Stranger a try and I loved every second of it! It's a regency era romance novel, similar to Edenbrooke and Blackmoore (both by Julianne Donaldson) if you've read those. It was refreshingly witty which I really appreciated because I've been reading some more somber and serious books as of late. I'm currently reading another novel by Eden as well called As You Are. It's got some of the same characters as The Kiss of a Stranger so I'm excited to see how this one turns out!
Via Goodreads

What are you currently reading?

xoxo, Chelan

P.S. Add me on Goodreads if you haven't already! I love having new friends to share books with!



No comments :

Post a Comment