Sunday, September 29, 2019

Closet Remix 9.29.19

One of my very favorite fashion and lifestyle bloggers to follow is Merrick from Merrick's Art. She is one of my style icons so this week I thought it would be fun to recreate one of her outfits using items from my own closet. Y'all voted for the following outfit on my IG stories this week and Merrick was also kind enough to share my story with her followers so there were a lot of votes from her fans which was fun!


Also, can you believe that she made this skirt?! It's so cute and you can view her sewing tutorial for it here. When I get my sewing machine out of storage in Ohio, I have plans to make a skirt like this using her tutorial.


My version of the outfit:

Fall outfit ideas
fall outfit ideas
fall outfit ideas

I loved the look of the plaid skirt and the cable knit sweater and while I don't have super similar items color-wise, I did have the general articles of clothing so it was fairly simple to recreate this outfit. Can you believe that I've had this skirt and this sweater for a few years now and have never thought to put them together? I've always worn this skirt with a black top and I've only ever worn this sweater with jeans. This challenge is SO FUN!

fall outfit ideas with a skirt and sweater
Since all of the items I'm wearing are pretty old, I've linked to a bunch of similar super options that are really, really affordable. I rarely share options that are over $50 because I'm assuming y'all are all living on a tight budget like me. Click on the above photo to go to the items I linked for you!

Thanks for reading today! Join me in the fun this coming next week by following on Instagram (@chelan22) and voting for the outfit I should recreate. You could also recreate the chosen outfit yourself! Now THAT would be fun! Be sure to tag me so I can see :).

xoxo, Chelan

1 comment :

  1. I love this! Preppy but not, like, stuffy - & so perfect for the season.

    ReplyDelete