Saturday, September 21, 2019

Closet Remix 9.21.19

You know those days where you look at your full closet and think to yourself, "I have nothing to wear"? I have been feeling this way for the last couple of weeks and I think I figured out why. I tend to wear the same outfits over and over again rather than using the individual articles of clothing in my closet in different ways. And as a result, I get tired of my wardrobe really quickly. But since Parker and I are on a budget and I can't spend $100 a month on new clothes, I created a little challenge of stretching my closet this last week to try to push my creativity and help me not get so tired of my clothes so fast.

I shared two photos on my Instagram stories of cute fall transition outfits as inspiration and had my IG friends vote on which one I should try to recreate using items already in my closet. This was the inspo photo for this week. 


The point of this challenge is to use items I already have to recreate the outfit so since I don't have white pants, I had to be pretty flexible. I do have wide leg pants so instead of copying the color scheme with the white and tan in this outfit, I went with a similar silhouette or structure and tried to do the monochromatic idea as well (white on white, green on green). 

My version: 


Disclaimer. I didn't love the outfit I created and will I wear it again? Probably not. But this forced me to look at my closet differently and try a few different options which was fun and it really pushed me creatively! 

My shirt photographs differently than it looks in real life. It's a heathered forest green and the pants are a khaki green and I never would have put those together prior to this. I added the cardigan to try to match the structure of the inspo outfit but quickly took it off because it was HOT while I was taking pictures haha. It is humid this weekend! I don't have any mules so I picked shoes with a similar shape and the gold color tied into the jewelry in the inspiration outfit. 

Sidenote: @hairbymatlin it's well past time we meet again because my brunette is showing and I loathe it so much. It's getting darker by the day and I don't even recognize myself {insert crying emoji here}. 

The downside to this kind of challenge is that most everything in my closet is old so I likely won't be able to link to exact items all the time. But I've done my best to find similar options!

You can shop this look (both my version and the inspiration outfit) by clicking HERE

How did I do with my first closet remix? 

xoxo, Chelan

1 comment :