Monday, August 26, 2019

Colorado

After our month in North Carolina, we headed to Utah for a weekend before driving to Colorado. You can read more about the fun weekend we spent exploring our old stomping grounds and meeting up with friends from college here! Seriously so much fun! We drove through the mountains to Denver for 'away rotation' #3 and the drive was stunning with the changing leaves.


We both started working that Monday morning - Parker at the hospital and I was at Chipotle's corporate office downtown. Since we were both working we didn't get to explore Denver as much as we wanted to but what we did see and do was great! We would love to explore more of Denver in the future!



I had to ride public transportation every day to get to work and at first, I was terrified! But it shortly became one of my favorite parts of my day. Specific time set aside to read for an hour every day? Yes, please! I read SO much that month and it was glorious!

One weekend Parker begged me to do a hike to Alberta Falls in Rocky Mountain National Park and I didn't want to go at all because it was supposed to snow. But I'm so glad we ended up going because it turned out to be beautiful! And the snow made me start getting super excited for Christmas haha!


Downtown Denver has a river with some decent rapids so Parker broke out his kayak and took it for a spin while I recorded it from the side. The sunshine felt so good!

Since we were both working so much and really only explored a couple of times, our video footage of CO is lacking which means I have no video to share with this rotation and that makes me so sad! I still want to put a short video together at some point but for now, it's holding me back from creating videos from other rotations/adventures we've been on since then and I'm getting behind so I'm calling it good with just a blog post dedicated to Denver.

And if you want to see a video of Parker kayaking in downtown Denver, click HERE! I think he's so cool!

Thanks for reading!

xoxo, Chelan

No comments :

Post a Comment