Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Currently Reading: Softly Falling by Carla Kelly

One of my goals for this year is to read more - at least one book a month. January: CHECK! It's been so long since I did a currently reading post! It's been so long since I read a full book! I actually read one while we were on vacation in October but I forgot about it until just now so I'll save that one for another post on another day. The book Softly Falling by Carla Kelly was given to me as a gift by Parker's grandma, Sharlene. She is always so thoughtful and knew that I love reading and I was so touched when she gifted this book to me. She actually somehow got it autographed by the author for me which was really cool! I've read one other Carla Kelly novel before this one so I knew I was in for a treat.

I'm a sucker for a good old-fashioned western romance. This book is about an English girl named Lily who gets banished to the wide open territory of Wyoming and how she learns to adapt to her surroundings and make due with what she has. You can't help but root for the characters throughout the entire story. The only thing that would have made it better for me was a bit more romance :). I don't want to spoil it too much but imagine feeling very grateful to live in this day and age with real homes and warm beds and furnaces and what not, especially during the winter. These people went through some rough times and it left me feeling very grateful!

I would give this book 3.5/5 stars. It was good and clean and entertaining but could have had a bit more love <3. I'm a sucker for a good kissing scene! lol


What's on your reading list this year? I need a good recommendation for February!

xoxo, Chelan

No comments :

Post a Comment