Sunday, March 5, 2017

Washington D.C. Trip!

Hey y'all! I hope this post finds you having a wonderful day! Parker and I are in Washington D.C. for the weekend and it's been a little bit crazy but totally fun! We've both never visited this city before so we were really excited when the opportunity presented itself. 


Parker is attending a medical school conference and I just tagged along because why not, right? Anyway, I thought I would just share some of the photos to show what we've been up to in the city so far.



We, unfortunately, didn't get to do or see everything on our list because it's been so busy but we are luckily coming back in July with my parents so we have scouted out some of the best restaurants and sites to see as well as saved some things for that trip!
We have been so pleasantly surprised with the little glimpses of spring here! I can only imagine what it looks like when everything is in bloom. The few blossoming trees we've seen this weekend have me giddy for warmer weather and all the greenery out east!
I love all the cute houses on every street! The yellow door in this photo just makes me happy. 
Low-quality phone selfie of us at the movie the other night. We found a cute old theater, right around the corner from where Abraham Lincoln was assassinated and decided to go to the movie Lion. I could seriously write a whole post on how much I loved that movie. I cried the whole way through. It was tragic and touching and got me in all the feels! Have you seen it? If so, what are your thoughts? I'm dying to talk to someone about it!
My tourist look featured in this bathroom selfie lolz. I liked the lighting in the bathroom at the conference center so a photo had to happen.
Heading into the National Archives Museum to see the Bill of Rights, The Constitution, and The Declaration of Independence.
Me hanging out at our Airbnb while Parker was at his conference. I got a little bored haha.
The hope diamond! The Natural History Museum had a really cool exhibit about gems and minerals. The colors were AMAZING! I swear I said, "Wow! Look at the colors!" at every case. 
We just saw Hidden Figures a few weeks ago (loved it, by the way) so I was pretty pumped to go to the Air and Space Museum to see the actual space suit that John Glenn wore when he orbited the earth!
Isn't this tree the prettiest?!

I just love travelling with my best friend! Thanks for reading :). xoxo, Chelan

No comments :

Post a Comment