Tuesday, February 21, 2017

#chelancooks My Mother's Brew

I'm not one for sharing recipes... I've shared maybe one recipe before in my life and that was here. I am not a good cook but I do have a few meals that I make often and love. So I'm gonna start sharing those few recipes, whaaaat? lol A new series is coming to the blog folks and it's called #chelancooks. Be prepared for some super simple and super yummy dishes coming right up! 


Now, to start us off on this series, I have something that you don't even have to cook and you don't eat it. It's actually a drink ha! I thought this was a safe place to start. But guess what! This drink here helped me kick my caffeine addiction. You read that right.... I AM NO LONGER ADDICTED TO CAFFEINE!
Are you proud? I'm quite proud of myself if you couldn't tell by the all caps there. I've been 'off' of caffeine since before our trip to Mexico around American Thanksgiving and I had it once or twice over Christmas break and a little bit here and there since. This is HUGE, you guys. I've been drinking caffeine every day since before I can remember (possibly even in the womb lol). I do still crave the carbonation, though, but I'm making progress and that deserves to be celebrated. This drink helped me curb my cravings, which is why I've decided to share it with y'all.
Sidenote: forgive the non-traditional recipe format... I'm informal here and don't do measurements or anything.

My Mother's Brew
Ingredients:

+ Carbonated flavored water - as much as you can fit in your cup (I use a pretty big cup). I really like the lime, cherry limeade, and peach 67 cent ones from Walmart.

+ 1 True Lemon flavoring packet. My favorites are peach and cherry limeade and I always check before to ensure that I'm getting the ones without tea.
+ Lots of ice.
+ About 1 T Apple Cider Vinegar with the 'Mother'.
+ Raspberries (optional).
Basically, pour all of this into a large cup and mix and viola! You've made My Mother's Brew!
My mom introduced me to this beverage over the summer and when I took my first sip, I choked. I wasn't expecting such intense flavor and carbonation! But the more I had, the more I liked it. And apparently, there are a lot of good things out there about consuming apple cider vinegar so that's cool.

Anyway, if you give this a try, let me know what you think! Happy Tuesday!

xoxo, Chelan

No comments :

Post a Comment