Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Parker's Birthday!

Since we moved less than a week before Parker's birthday and we had to fit all of our belongings into our small car, I couldn't do Parker's birthday gift shopping while we were still in Utah. And of course it didn't even cross my mind to shop online while in Utah and then have things sent to our Montana address so everything would be there on time. Instead, I waited until we were in Canada for a few days, then I got Amazon Prime and ordered his gifts on there.... with Prime you're supposed to have 2 day shipping, so the way I planned it out everything I ordered was supposed to be delivered by his birthday. But of course this didn't actually happen right?! (I'll also mention that its been almost a week and his gifts haven't all arrived yet). Needless to say, I really dropped the ball. Which, unfortunately, is a common occurrence in our house. I was determined to make his birthday good regardless of his gifts not coming on time.

Parker requested crepes for breakfast and his grandparents were willing to teach me how to make them. They turned out so well and we had a lovely crepe breakfast feast! He then wanted to go golfing, so we took advantage of his free birthday round at Lee Creek Valley Golf Course here in Cardston and he played the whole 18 holes (very well, might I add) while I watched from the cart. I opted out of playing with him because I would have slowed us down another hour or two haha! We were blessed with beautiful weather the entire day! After golf, we went back home and ate some lunch, relaxed, watched some HGTV (our fav!), and dozed a little bit. Parker's grandparents cooked up a delicious steak dinner, per Parker's request, as well as some yummy carrot cake! After dinner we took off to my parent's house to watch game 1 of the NBA Finals between the Golden State Warriors and the Cleveland Cavaliers. Obviously, Parker being from Ohio, he wanted the Cavs to win.... unfortunately, they didn't realize that it was his birthday because they lost the game...... My mom made her awesome caramel popcorn for us to snack on during the game, which made it not such a horrible loss. I had my mom print off pictures of Parker's gifts that were in the mail and I wrapped the pictures up in different size boxes so he would have at least something to open on his actual birthday. Its tradition in our house to hide the birthday gifts and then the birthday boy has to go find them while the rest of the family guides them around by saying warm, warmer, hot, hotter, boiling, etc. until they find all their gifts. Parker seemed pleased with his gifts so I'm hoping he wasn't too disappointed that they weren't here on time.

I sure hope he had a good birthday! I know I enjoyed having a whole day to celebrate him! I'm so grateful my best friend was born 23 years ago!!!

No comments :

Post a Comment