Saturday, February 9, 2019

14 Days of Love: Days 8 & 9 | Tortoise Shell & Opals

Oops. I let this thing get away from me yesterday but it was such a busy day and this was one of the easier things to let slide. So for days 8 & 9, I'm sharing two loves to catch up: tortoise shell and opals.

I've loved the tortoise shell pattern as long as I can remember. My mom always had tortoiseshell sunglasses growing up so I automatically gravitate towards it when picking out my own sunglasses. It's classic and will be in style forever, I think. It's almost like an understated leopard print so it's practically perfect. When we were in Charleston, there was this darling city market downtown that had a bunch of vendors and as soon as I saw these earrings, I knew they had to be mine. I wish I knew what the gal's shop's name was that I bought them from so I could link to it but I no longer have the packaging. These little beauties are super lightweight so they don't hurt my ears and they spruce up any outfit or hairstyle.

Opals have been something that I've gotten into in the last 5 years or so. My wedding ring has a pearl (which has fallen out again, curses) but a close second pick for me would have been an opal. My mom gave me this pretty opal ring a few years ago and I wear it every day. The colors are so pretty and it reminds me of the summer, the ocean, seashells, and mermaids.
And here are some lovely tortoise shell and opal items you can shop simply by clicking on the images!

Are you a tortoise shell or opal fan?

xoxo, Chelan

No comments :

Post a Comment