Wednesday, February 6, 2019

14 Days of Love: Day 6 | Games

For day 6 of #14daysoflove I am sharing my love of games! I grew up in a games family. We play games on games on games when we visit family and it's my favorite! Board games, card games, we love them all and we are super competitive no matter the game. Parker and I have found a few games that are two-player that I can convince him to play every once in a while so today I'll share those along with my favorite family games.


My mom and sisters and me playing my favorite card game ever... NERTZ!

Two-player games:

Cribbage. This one is a classic card game that I used to watch with complete confusion as my parents and grandparents and aunts and uncles and all the older people played crib. Since I thought it was an 'old people' game I didn't learn how to play until later in life but it's a great game for two or three players. This one is a staple on all camping trips and next to the pool in the sun.

7 Wonders Duel. This game is a card/board game combo that is a two-player version of the game 7 Wonders. Parker and I love this one and when we first got it, we played it all weekend long. Seriously. All weekend. Round after round. And guess who won each round. Parker. Only recently did I beat him for the first time. It was a proud moment for me.

Settlers of Catan. This game is technically for more than two players but we looked online and found instructions on how to play with just two participants. This is another one that we binge played for an entire weekend and I lost every time. Parker is too smart and can anticipate my every move. Very frustrating but seriously fuels my fire to try again. I MUST WIN!

3+ Player Games:

I'm going to be completely honest with you and let you know that I am absolutely physically and mentally exhausted so I am simply going to list our favorites and if you have questions about any of them, let me know! I'm happy to explain!

Card games - Nertz (aka Dutch Blitz and can also be played with just two players but its more fun with more people), Up & Down The River, Cover Your Butt, Scum, Pit, It Came To Pass, Stones, Rummi, 

Dice games: Greed, Left Right Center, Tenzi

"Board" Games: Aggravation, Anomia, Clue, Settlers of Catan, Ticket To Ride, 3 For All, Camel Up, Wits and Wagers, Code Names, Harry Potter Hogwarts Battle, Harry Potter Clue

This Christmas my family also played a lot of Jackbox TV games and they were so fun!

I've created a super simple list of all of these on Amazon if you want to give them a try. Click HERE to access that link and shop!

Are you a gamer? If so, what's your favorite game?

xoxo, Chelan

No comments :

Post a Comment