Saturday, February 2, 2019

14 Days of Love: Day 2 | Nasal Spray

This might be the weirdest thing I've ever posted but I promise I have a point. Today I'm sharing my love of nasal spray. And to explain it, I'll have to share a bit of a back story so bear with me.
Back when the sweet YW & leaders brought me the BEST homemade chicken noodle soup one of the many times I was sick. Bless them!

I used to get a cold every single month with my period in high school. That's how I knew Aunt Flo was going to visit - that little tickle in the back of my throat. It would turn into a full-blown sore throat, then make its way into my sinuses and then leave me with a cough that lasted about a week. Then I'd have about two weeks of health and happiness and the cycle would repeat. Every month. My family doctor told me I simply had a weak immune system and that it was common to be weaker around the menstrual cycle.

This stopped after high school and college was great. I still got colds every so often but it was a normal amount so I thought I was in the clear.

After I got married I started to get sick a lot again. Lots of colds, lots of long-lasting coughs that forced me to sleep on the couch because I didn't want to keep Parker up all night along with me, and lots of lost voices, and it continued to get worse.

When we visited Ohio for the first time at Thanksgiving, I felt great but about 3 hours after Thanksgiving dinner my throat started to get sore and by that night it was the worst sore throat I've ever had in my life. It was so bad that the next morning, my entire neck was sore and I had a hard time moving my head. That, too, went to my sinuses next, and then a cough that lasted until Christmas - when we went back to Ohio and guess what. IT HAPPENED AGAIN. The absolute worst sore throat ever. And it turned into a cough that lasted months - well into spring. After that, I was convinced that I was allergic to Ohio lol. But then we moved to Ohio and it was in the summer so no sicknesses and everything was great.

I started working at the dance studio that November and I can't tell you if it was because we were in Ohio during the winter again or if I was around little kids a lot or the combination but I started to get colds so often again. I was told that since I was working with children this was normal and that my body would get used to it and my immune system would get stronger. But year after year I kept getting cold after cold and a cough that would last pretty much from November until April. Not fun.

This last year after getting so frustrated with my body constantly being sickly (honestly I felt pretty fine but the never-ending cough was so freaking annoying) we thought it might be allergies or something so Parker told me to try nasal spray and it has worked mighty miracles. I haven't had a cold since. Every time I get even an inkling of a sore throat, I use some nasal spray and no sore throat for me. Any time I feel the least bit stuffed up, nasal spray. Shortly thereafter, I can breathe just fine.

I'm not a doctor, and I do have a little bit of a dry cough right now from the extreme cold we've been having here but this little trick has worked so well for me and I'm so grateful. If you get sick a lot, perhaps try this out to see if it works for you. The constant post nasal drip is what I think was causing my sore throat and then, in turn, caused my coughs so nasal spray has been a true blessing. And that's my testimony of nasal spray!

This is the stuff I use and its a life saver for me. Again, I am not a doctor so if you try this, it's at your own risk. That was kind of dramatic but I feel like I needed to say it haha. Amen.

Do you have any weird health-related or not secrets that you swear by?

xoxo, Chelan

2 comments :

  1. Oh man I had no idea you got sick so often! Glad you found something that works wonders for you! My weriod story is I only get warts when I'm pregnant! If fact one showed up this pregnancy in which my husband said it was as good as a pregnancy test! (Haha I took the pregnancy test & sure enough I was pregnant) after a few month after my babies are born the warts magically disappear! So I guess my remedy is not being prego ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What?!! I've never heard of that before. That's crazy! haha

      Delete