Thursday, July 20, 2017

5 things to do each morning for a productive day


I'll be honest and say that I am not the most efficient person and I do tend to get distracted easily so my productive days where I just go, go, go the whole day don't happen as often as I'd like. So that's a goal of mine right now! To be more productive!

Parker is one of the most productive people I've ever met. He hates being lazy and loves that feeling at the end of the day where he knows he did everything he needed to that day. I love that feeling, too, so why is it so hard for me to be productive every day? Idk! To help me reach my goal of being more productive, I've compiled a list of things to do when I first wake up to ensure that I'll have a more productive day!



1. Wake up early (or semi-early). I am not a morning person. It is sooooo hard for me to pull myself out of bed. So when I say wake up early I mean 8 am is perfect. Not too early, but not too late. I can go to bed at midnight and wake up at 8 and feel well rested. I need about 8-9 hours of sleep to feel good. When I wake up at a decent hour, there's so much more time for me to do things while Parker is at school so we can spend time together when he comes home!

2. Pray. Starting my day off with prayer makes the biggest difference! Through prayer, I'm able to reflect on everything that I am grateful for and to really think about what my goals are and what I need to do. Acknowledging God's hand in my life at the beginning of the day just sets me up for a good day where I'm noticing His hand all day long.

3. Stay off your phone. Don't even look at it. I use my phone for my alarm so sometimes this is kind of hard but it's so worth it! I'm such a hypocrite for saying this since I stayed on my phone for an hour after I woke up this morning. Those dang notifications lol! But when I don't look at my phone right away I will get out of bed and be productive right from the get go. If I stay on my phone for an hour, then I feel just plain blah for that wasted hour of my life that I will never get back. There's never really anything super important on social media that won't be there later anyway, right?

4. Make the bed. I used to not do this.... ever. I didn't see the point of making the bed when I was just going to get back into it 14 hours later (or earlier if I were to have a nap lol). But I started making my bed first thing in the morning and it has made such a difference in my productivity! I'm more likely to keep cleaning and tidying if the bed is made. It gets me actually out of bed and KEEPS me out of bed so I'm not waking up, getting breakfast, and then climbing right back into bed for a few more minutes hours.

5. Do something active. Whether that is making the bed, cleaning, going for a walk, 10 jumping jacks, or something else, getting the blood flowing is a great way to make you feel ready to tackle the day! Working out is a struggle for me and if it doesn't happen in the morning, it most likely won't happen at all that day because suddenly it will be 10 PM and I won't feel like running....
Image via Happy Thought Shop.

So there you have it, folks! My list of things to do in the morning to ensure that I'll have a productive day! What do you do in the morning to start your day off right?

Thanks for reading!
xoxo, Chelan

2 comments :

  1. I like trying to eat a piece of fruit for breakfast and then a small bowl of cereal instead of just a huuuuge bowl of cereal. Or two. When Cohen wakes up, I (try to) read him a few books before we head out for breakfast. Helps us both feel less grumpy and we still get some good snuggles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that, Anna! I usually end up eating a bowl or two of sugary cereal so that's a great idea to add fruit so it fills me up a bit! And I love that you read to Cohen first thing in the morning. <3

      Delete