Thursday, April 28, 2016

Our Love Story: Part 7

"Here's the thing about this love story of ours. Its long. And drawn out. And mushy-gushy. And even a bit cheesy. But it's true. And I've decided to take my time writing it, capturing all the special details of those moments I never want to forget. So if mushy-gushy, cheesy love stories aren't your thing, I totally get that. Just know that I'm writing this as a gift - to my family, and my children, and their future children - and also, for [Parker] and me - so that on those days when the kids are screaming, the laundry is overflowing and the bills are rolling in...on those days when it all just seems so hard, we'll have this to remind us of those first moments when we fell in love. And if sappy, detail ridden love stories are your thing, well then you've come to the right place." -Ashley Stock
To read the beginning of Our Love Story click here.
***

Mid March 2011
***
Around mid March 2011, Parker invited several people including me to watch him open his mission call.


"Dear Elder Hollingsworth, you are hereby called to serve a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the Guatemala City South Mission. It is anticipated that you will serve for a period of 24 months.

You should report to the Provo Missionary Training Center on Wednesday, July 20, 2011. You will prepare to preach the gospel in the Spanish language...."

And it was at that moment when he read those life changing words that I thought to myself, "Oh no! He's leaving. I think I like him." 


***
Part 8

No comments :

Post a Comment