Wednesday, December 16, 2015

How We Wore It | Sequins

I've been wanting to incorporate some sort of fashion-y posts here for a while but haven't really known how to go about it.. especially because I don't consider myself to be the most fashion forward person. I mean my clothing Pinterest board is absolutely adorable but it's not the most accurate representation of what I actually wear/have in my closet.

Therefore, to kind of transition into doing some fashion posts every once in a while, I gathered some of my favorite fashion blogger friends to do a 'How we wore it' post! We used the photo below as our inspiration and incorporated elements that we liked from this outfit into our own holiday party outfit, specifically sequins! 
Photo found here

My favorite part of this inspo outfit is the sparkly skirt dressed down with a more casual top so that's what I focused on when recreating this look using what I already had in my closet. I also borrowed my mother's leather jacket because not only was it SO cute but it was FREEZING outside when we shot these photos! The statement necklace I'm wearing is my all time favorite and I wear it with almost everything. I think the added pizazz is the perfect finishing touch to any look!
Holiday Party OutfitHoliday Party OutfitHoliday Party OutfitHoliday Party Outfit
Holiday Party OutfitHoliday Party Outfit
Holiday Party Outfit
Thank you, Cahoon Hotel, for having white brick and making the perfect setting for taking photos!
Holiday Party Outfit
Holiday Party Outift
Holiday Party Outfit
Leather jacket from my mother's closet. Similar here
Shirt from TJMaxx. Similar here
Shoes from my mother's closet. Similar here. 
Necklace from Charlotte Russe. Similar here
Earrings were a gift. Similar here
Be sure to check out how the other bloggers recreated the inspiration look to fit their own style! 
Hannah from Twinnerpated
Jordan from Jordan Cidelle
Brittany from Brittany Lowry Blog
Holiday Party Outfit
A HUGE thank you to Hannah from Twinnerpated/Hannah Paige Photography for taking these pictures for me :) I had SO much fun doing this post! 

Thanks for reading! Now go buy yourself some sequins because they'll make your closet happy!

No comments :

Post a Comment