Thursday, November 1, 2012

Once upon a time I went home for a weekend. It was a FABULOUS get away and just what I needed. Michelle and Kennzie and I jumped in the car at this time two weeks ago and drove through the night. We arrived at about 4 a.m. and I have never been so excited to see the temple! Everyone in my family knew I was coming with the exception of Camrie. Matlin convinced Cam to sleep in my bed that night so in the early a.m. I snuck into bed with her. My dad woke her up at 7:15 for school and in her state of half-awake half-asleepness she said, "I thought Matlin said she was gonna sleep in her bed last night." My dad then responded by telling her that it wasn't Mattie in bed with her. That didn't register the first time so he said again, "Did you hear me? That's not Matlin." Camrie then turns to me, where I'm just laying there staring at her waiting for her reaction to the surprise and *POUNCE*. She lept right on top of me with the best hug I've had in a while! She screamed, "I DIDN'T KNOW YOU WERE COMING HOME SO SOON!" Needless to say, she was so excited and so was I. 

Matlin, my little superstar athlete sister, has been playing varsity volleyball and it just so happened that she was playing a tournament in Magrath that weekend as well so we spend the majority of our time watching her play. I realized that this may be my only time I will ever watch her play high school volleyball :( Sad realization! I loved watching her! She is so stinking talented! I also got to go to the dance studio and spend some time teaching Camrie, Miss Jodi, and my mom some choreography that I have been learning this semester in my dance classes. It was really fun to teach them some knew tricks and such. Sunday morning we said goodbye for a month and I am happy to report that I am going home again in two weeks for American Thanksgiving and I cannot wait! There is just something about going home. It is truly where my heart is and I think it'll always be there. 

In the meantime, I have been busy since I've been back at school. Busy with midterm after midterm. Studying like crazy! I've also found a decent balance between schoolwork and playtime. Yesterday being Halloween, I dressed up a couple times for different parties so here be some pictures and such of what I've been up to not only this last week with Halloween, but the entire semester. 

This is a link to my cousins blog where you can see pictures of the Murder Mystery Dinner they put on.  SO FUN! 

Ready for the BYU Homecoming Football game!
Brazil Fest in Salt Lake.. this was a loooong time ago. 
After the first BYU basketball game at In&Out. Its tradition to take a picture like this..
Stake carnival activity with a super fun slip and slide!
"I love football! I love football!" Name that movie. 
Happy Canadian Thanksgiving! I ate half of that pie all on my own!
1950's themed murder mystery party "Greased at the Diner" 
When I get bored or need a break, I edit pictures. 

Aye Aye Captain!
Happy Halloween



Happy Thursday lovelies!

4 comments :

  1. Ha, "I love football!" Not even a question. Cinderella Story. Hands down. What did I win?
    http://becoming-we.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the cutest little captain I have ever seen :) I love your blogs too! As if you were in Magrath and I didn't see you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love. also, i yell that at every football game. It's my favourite.

    ReplyDelete