Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Current Favorite Workout

I don't like to know when I'm exercising. That's one of the many reasons I love dancing. It's a killer workout, but it's fun so you don't feel like you're actually working out. Creative Motion Studios, the studio I work at, has some adult dance and fitness classes and at the beginning of this year, they added a PiYo class into the schedule. I took that class every Tuesday night and it was honestly the highlight of my week. So what is PiYo you ask? It's a combination of pilates and yoga and even though it's a workout, it's super fun and keeps me engaged so I'm not in my head or checking the clock the whole time. The PiYo class has been replaced by Strengthen and Lengthen (heavily inspired by PiYo) and it's on Tuesdays at 7:30-8:30 if any of you people are in the Northeast Ohio area and want to join us! It's a blast and we have the BEST cooldown/stretch at the end of class, hence the 'lengthen' part of the name, that makes you feel like a million bucks. Come take your first class at the studio for free!

If you can't make it to CMS to take the class, you should try the YouTube video below at home. It's a pretty good representation of the PiYo/S & L class that we do each week. One of the things I love most about Strengthen and Lengthen is that I am always sore in all the right places the next day. It makes me feel like I worked really hard!

Another component that we added into the class that wasn't exactly in the PiYo curriculum were resistance bands. They add a whole new element and make you feel like your muscles are screaming... but in the best way! Pinterest has a bajillion band exercises for glutes. I personally love the lying clam raises and glute bridges. Feel. The. Burn!



And while we're at it, why not throw in some music that I'm currently loving for exercising. Pretty sure I got all of these from my mom and everyone else probably already knows them but just for fun:

Most Girls by Hailee Steinfeld
I Like Me Better by Lauv
Getting Closer by NEW CITY
All My Life by DallasK
Answerphone by Banx & Ranx, Ella Eyre, Yxng Bane
Alien by Sabrina Carpenter, Jonas Blue
More than Friends by James Hype, Kelli-Leigh
False Alarm by Matoma, Becky Hill (an older song but never gets old to me)
How To Love (Boombox Cartel Remix) by Cash Cash, Sofia Reyes

Do you have any songs I should add to my list? And what's your favorite workout right now? I've also been really loving just going on long walks since it's so nice outside these days.

Thanks for stopping by today, y'all! I really appreciate it so much!

xoxo, Chelan


2 comments :

  1. I love cycling to anything by Kelly Clarkson, haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kelly Clarkson is the best! I really need to try cycling... I think I could get on board with that.

      Delete