Monday, April 16, 2018

First Sunshiney Weekend of 2018

There was a bit of a buzz in the air last week at the dance studio in anticipation of the nice weather that was supposedly coming. I overheard several conversations about it but I tried not to get my hopes up because the weather seems to change on a dime no matter what the forecast says. Everyone, regardless of where you live, will say, "Well, that's ____ weather for you!" and they'll fill in that black with wherever it is that they live. It's the same in Alberta, Utah, and Ohio. The weather is just unpredictable and I think everyone thinks that their own state/area is unique for having crazy weather... but it's not. The weather can change quickly any place you live. Anyway, there was a lot of talk about the upcoming forecast and you could feel it starting to warm up a bit. Come Thursday I was all smiles because the air was actually warm. I went outside and didn't shiver. The wind was even warm so I wasn't even mad that it was windy (which if you know me, you know I loathe the wind SO MUCH). Parker had a test on Friday morning so he was done with everything for the entire weekend by 11 am. Queue the party!

We took the missionaries out for lunch, and then Parker and I found a fishing spot nearby. I stopped at the library to get myself a book to read while Parker fished and I could not stop smiling. I really think I suffer a bit from Seasonal Affective Disorder....aka S.A.D. So fitting. But I am truly happiest when the sun is shining. So I read for a bit and Parker fished and I soaked up the sun. I even had some pop with me so, you know, I was in heaven. After fishing, we refilled our pop supply and headed to the driving range. 

Sidenote: If you know me from childhood, you know that my family is very athletic. The McMurrays are a very sporty bunch - my extended family included - and I am one of the few that didn't follow the sports path... From a young age, I was forced to decide between Champs (a basketball clinic my dad puts on twice a year for elementary school kids) and tap class because there was a scheduling conflict and that wasn't a hard decision for me to make at all. I was the one who would skip down the court while twirling her pigtails so you can imagine my parents' surprise when I chose dance ;). My dad and brother and cousins are all golf enthusiasts and I've never really shown any interest in golfing but I decided that I'm going to learn how to golf this year and impress them all with my skills someday lol. 

Anyway, after the driving range, we went to see The Quiet Place (which I didn't like... I know I'm the minority here) to finish off our Friday! It was such a good day! I even got a bit of a farmers tan from being out in the sun, woohoo!

Saturday morning I taught dance first thing and then Parker and I continued our adventure filled weekend with tennis (I won) and some more fishing/reading before the rain came. We found our 'summer spot' that I am hopeful we will visit often this summer. There is a lake with a beach area, picnic tables, and grills, grassy areas, and a spot for fishing. It also looks like they have a concession that'll be open in the summer so if I run out of pop, I can get some more ;). I'm excited! 

I hope everyone else had a great weekend, too! Hopefully, we'll all see more of that nice weather soon! It's supposed to snow here tomorrow so it was only fitting that I write about our sun-filled weekend to offset the nasty weather heading our way.

Thanks for stopping by!
xoxo, Chelan

No comments :

Post a Comment