Saturday, February 15, 2020

Our Love Story: Part 17.2 | First Comes Love, Then Comes Marriage...

"Here's the thing about this love story of ours. It's long. And drawn out. And mushy-gushy. And even a bit cheesy. But it's true. And I've decided to take my time writing it, capturing all the special details of those moments I never want to forget. So if mushy-gushy, cheesy love stories aren't your thing, I totally get that. Just know that I'm writing this as a gift - to my family, and my children, and their future children - and also, for [Parker] and me - so that on those days when the kids are screaming, the laundry is overflowing and the bills are rolling in...on those days when it all just seems so hard, we'll have this to remind us of those first moments when we fell in love. And if sappy, detail ridden love stories are your thing, well then you've come to the right place." -Ashley Stock

To read the beginning of Our Love Story, click here.

***


***

When we exited the temple all of our friends and family were standing around and my favorite photo from the entire day was captured (it's actually a little bit Pinterest famous so that's fun!). I love this photo because I think it truly shows how over the moon happy we both were to finally be married and to start our lives together <3. 


We had a little time between the temple and the reception to take some photos with family and friends/the bridal party. We were so grateful so many people were able to be there to celebrate with us! 

 I was so excited to be an aunt!!

The reception was BEAUTIFUL! My mom should have been an event planner because her attention to detail is amazing and it was everything I had hoped for and beyond! And she basically did it all without my input so that was awesome. Parker and I showed up to help set up but she directed traffic and created the magic you're about to see. I know I've already said it multiple times but THANKS MOM! 

LOL these two have changed SO MUCH since then!
My Nana made every one of those candle cozies and she also sewed the ruffles on the edges of every table runner! I still use both of those items in my home decor to this day and they make me so happy!
Nana also made the beautiful afghan you see in this photo. It has a place on our couch at this very moment!
My Grandma McMurray made this quilt for us and it is still one of my most prized possessions! My mom and I had a lot of fun picking out the fabric for my grandma to use and I truly think it's one of the most beautiful works of art my grandma has created!
This was another one of my favorite little details in the decor. How adorable is that mailbox?! And I loooooove that our letters from Parker's mission match the decor and were featured in such a cute way!


Onto the festivities! We started the reception with the receiving line. We knew we didn't want that portion of the evening to be very long so we strictly capped it at an hour. I was very grateful because at that point I was so ready to sit down and to EAT! And eat we did! Cheesy potatoes and ham and it was one of the best meals of my life! haha, I don't know if I was just extra hungry or if it was my happiness bubbling over into that meal but seriously, I remember that part of our wedding day fondly. 


Our friend Deej was the DJ for our wedding and he did such a great job! The program consisted of songs from my sister Camrie (she says she blacked out for her performance lol), my McMurray cousins, the Olsen twins, my bridesmaids, and then an awesome toast from Parker's groomsmen. I so wish I had the program on film because it was so fun and tailored to us! The groomsmen's toasts were a highlight for both Parker and me. They are usually such a group of goofs but they said some really touching things and were so eloquent with their words that it was really special. My dad and Parker gave short speeches as well and they both made me cry. We showed the below video next: 



Wasn't that darling?! Our friends Cody and Sutton put that together for us for our wedding and it still makes me smile ear to ear watching it to this day. After the video, we cleared the floor for dancing and were surprised by a beautiful dance number featuring dancers from Jodi's Dance Academy, where I danced growing up. Such a special performance!! 


My dad and I danced to Forever For You by Hall & Oates and then he handed me off to Parker for our first dance as a married couple. We danced to Never Stop (Wedding Version) by SafetySuit. Then everyone joined us on the dance floor to bust a move. This portion of the night also consisted of the bouquet toss (which no one caught it the first time so I had to do it twice hahaha) and the garter toss. 


Then we had our magical sparkler send off to finish off the evening! Our wedding day was so US and it went off without a hitch (at least none that we were aware of) and we are still so grateful for all of the time, money, and effort that was put into making that day one that we would never forget and would cherish forever!


And we are living happily ever after <3.

***
To read the beginning of Our Love Story, click here

No comments :

Post a Comment