Sunday, July 14, 2019

Our Love Story: Part 16 | The Proposal

"Here's the thing about this love story of ours. It's long. And drawn out. And mushy-gushy. And even a bit cheesy. But it's true. And I've decided to take my time writing it, capturing all the special details of those moments I never want to forget. So if mushy-gushy, cheesy love stories aren't your thing, I totally get that. Just know that I'm writing this as a gift - to my family, and my children, and their future children - and also, for [Parker] and me - so that on those days when the kids are screaming, the laundry is overflowing and the bills are rolling in...on those days when it all just seems so hard, we'll have this to remind us of those first moments when we fell in love. And if sappy, detail ridden love stories are your thing, well then you've come to the right place." -Ashley Stock

To read the beginning of Our Love Story, click here.
***
***
We'd been back together for about two months when American Thanksgiving rolled around and we decided to head up north to spend it with my family. I had absolutely NO IDEA what was to come from that trip and it turned out more perfectly than I could have ever imagined!


Monday, November 25, 2013.

Parker arranged a meeting with my dad at the high school in my dad's office where he asked for permission to marry me. I was clueless to this meeting as Parker had been staying with his grandparents and I was obviously staying with my family so we weren't together the entire time.

That evening I went to dance with my mom to assist with her classes and at the end of the night, Parker showed up with Matlin to watch. I was sweaty and looked pretty haggard but I was with my people doing what I loved so I was pretty dang happy. My mom, Matlin, Camrie, my friend Hannah (from Twinnerpated!), Parker, and me. We were hanging out just being silly and dancing to random music when Parker took over and chose the next song. I didn't recognize it but I was thrilled when Parker came over and started slow dancing with me (swoon). Everyone else sat down on the side to watch and I was still clueless, chatting away, when I realized that Parker's hand that was holding mine was shaking. That instant, when he released my hand to reach into his back pocket, I figured out what was going on. He got down on one knee and said some beautiful words and asked me to marry him. Obvs I said yes :).

We luckily got a video of the proposal and Hannah stuck around to take some photos of the proposal for us which I'm so grateful for!



I sobbed through the entire thing. Ugly cried! Mascara and sweat everywhere. But I was so blissfully happy to be officially engaged to the love of my life and I couldn't wait to start our lives together.

 
We were babies!

We spent the rest of the night calling family and friends to tell them the happy news. I stared at my ring every five seconds and the wedding planning began!

***
To read the beginning of Our Love Story, click here!

No comments :

Post a Comment