Friday, October 5, 2018

Friday Five: 5 Quotes To Remind You That Everything Will Be Okay

You know those days where you just feel like doing nothing? The days where it takes so much effort to simply get out of bed in the morning, let alone change out of your pajamas? I have those days more often than I care to admit. And some days I do just that - stay in bed all day and do absolutely nothing productive. I had one of those days last Saturday, in fact. Parker had a conference and after I dropped him off I went home, crawled back in bed, and didn't move for the next 6 hours. It was glorious, if I'm being honest. But sometimes staying in bed all day can lead to feelings of inadequacy and self deprecation. Although it's relaxing in the moment, afterward I often remember all of the things I didn't do during my free time, and I beat myself up about it. Can you relate?

In honor of General Conference happening this weekend, I thought I would share 5 of my favorite quotes from past General Conferences that help me feel better about myself and remind me that I'm doing okay.

If you don't know what LDS General Conference is, it's a conference that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints holds twice each year. The leaders of the church share hopeful and inspiring messages of Christ and the gospel throughout the course of the weekend. It always leaves me feeling more hopeful, happy, and inspired, not to mention with a stronger testimony. I invite you to tune in this weekend for even just a few minutes and I promise you that you will feel happier because of it! You can watch/listen by clicking HERE!


This full talk can be found here!


Find this full talk here! This one is particularly great for mothers and women in general.


This full talk can be found here! Such an inspiring message!

This full talk is available here!


You can read this full talk here!

All graphics are from the incredibly talented Alexa Zurcher. I've been following her blog for a long time now and she's one of my favorites! I'm excited to see what graphics she comes out with after this weekend's sessions. 

What's your favorite inspirational quote or General Conference talk? Share it in the comments below so I can be inspired by YOU! If this post inspired you at all, feel free to share it with your friends. You never know who might be having one of those days and need a reminder that everything will be okay. 

Happy conference weekend!

xoxo, Chelan

No comments :

Post a Comment