Friday, August 3, 2018

A Week o' Eureka

Please tell me you understand that title because I think its super clever, if I do say so myself, but my mom didn't read it right so now I'm thinking my cleverness didn't come across lol. Anyway, Parker's parents live in the itty bitty town of Eureka, Montana. It's a quaint little place surrounded by the mountains on the British Columbia border and right by Lake Koocanusa. There are several other smaller lakes in the area and my in-laws live on Carpenter or Terault lake. It's a beautiful lake that doesn't allow boating so the water is always calm. It's great for fishing and paddleboarding and just plain old floating - my favorite!

I didn't take many photos while we were there and now I'm kicking myself because of it but some highlights included white water rafting with Glacier Raft Company for Bailey's birthday, a hike around Lake McDonald (which we went swimming in and it was freezing) and dinner afterward. I also loved doing paddleboard partner yoga with Bailey. I haven't laughed so hard in a long time! Soooo much water up our noses! The rest of the time we pretty much relaxed on the water and read books and enjoyed the sun. It was a dreamy week and visiting my in-laws is a highlight of my summer every year! I'm grateful I married into a family that is so fun, accepting and full of just downright good people.
The view on our little hike by Lake McDonald!

Ready to go white water rafting. I've never looked better than when I was wearing that helmet and those booties.

Swimming in Lake McDonald with @ballsies!


Thanks for stopping by today! I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

xoxo, Chelan

No comments :

Post a Comment