Tuesday, September 4, 2012

LaboUr Day

What a lovely holiday! I hope everyone's labour day was as good as mine. Last year on labour day I went to lagoon with a couple of goons. It was so much fun! I really wanted to go again this year but unfortunately, I couldn't find a way to get there. Maybe another time I'll be able to go. Hopefully. Anyway, yesterday my roommates and I went to Deer Creek with some people in our ward. We weren't really sure what we were going to do because when we were invited, they said that it was a kayaking trip.. None of us had been kayaking or to Deer Creek before so we didn't know what to expect. Well turns out Deer Creek is actually a lake. And the kayaks were these inflatable things that were for two people rather than the one person kayaking down rapids like the olympics kinda deal I was picturing. We also didn't know how many people were going to go and if it was going to be worth going. We didn't really have anything else to do so we just went. What the heck right? It was a beautiful day, just a tad bit too windy for my liking. We played volleyball, ate good food, swam in the lake and did these kayak thingers. It turned out to be a really fun day! Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures.. I totally brought my camera. It just never got out of its case. Next time!

No comments :

Post a Comment