Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Brain Dump Catch Up!

I've let myself go. I haven't posted since Halloween which is crazy! I started off 2018 so strong with blogging and actually kept it up for most of the year and then life happened and things got busy and I was trying to be more present and I let myself go! I'm in one of those phases where I want to get back to simply documenting and less commercial-esque blogging. I have so much to catch up on and I'm going to try to do my best to get caught up this year! I have lots of plans for catch up posts, nothing quite concrete because that's kind of how my life is at the moment. It's all up in the air. So let's start with what's going on right now, shall we?

First, I'm in Canada visiting my family still and I'll be here for a bit longer. Parker is on the interview trail and it's a struggle being apart. I don't do well being away from him but being with my fam definitely helps a lot. I'll meet Parker next week and go to a couple of his interviews with him and then we'll be back in Ohio for a few months.

Christmas was wonderful! Parker and I didn't do gifts for each other this year because we went to Hawaii and that trip was $$$ so it was a more low key Christmas than it has been in the past for us and I loved it! It was dreamy to not have to stress about spending money and finding the perfect gift(s) for Parker this year.

I got my hair done again by my oh so talented lil sis, Matlin. Check out her page!
We went skiing in Montana with Parker's family and my boots were too small so Parker had to perform surgery on my toe afterward. It was a traumatic experience and my toenail might still fall off but it worked out in the end. I think I've improved as a skier but Parker says I'm about the same haha. But I passed a couple people on the hill. PASSED them. And no, they weren't standing still.
My nephew, Max, and I have become little buddies. He calls me Nanny and I ask, "What does Nanny say?" and he says, "ooo ooo" which means "love you." He's adorable and smart and gives everyone else snuggles except me lol.

I've been exercising more in this last few weeks of being home than I have pretty much all of last year. My mom is a machine and she's helping me get back into shape. I gained 15 lbs during our travels since July... oops. You try living in someone else's house and sharing a kitchen with them and not knowing their schedule or plans. Fast food it is! I also didn't feel like I could work out much in someone else's space and we were trying to save money so no gym passes, etc. These are all excuses, I know. I've been doing high fitness, step, and kickboxing classes with my mom while I've been up north and it's been a blast! Feels good to take care of myself again and to eat more healthy. Hoping and determined to keep it up!

I finished the Book of Mormon on January 2nd because I'm forgetful and missed the opportunity to finish it on New Year's Eve lol. I loved taking President Nelson's challenge to heart and I'm hopeful I can also keep that up in 2019. Don't know what the Book of Mormon is? Send me a message and I'll send one to ya as a gift! My parents and grandparents and I also went to the temple together and it was great.
If you haven't been watching A Million Little Things, please do, and please send me a message because it's my favorite and I love to talk about TV with friends. Also, The Bachelor. I loved the first episode. I was giddy and smiling the whole time because it's just fun to watch and makes me happy. Who are your picks?!!!

Well, that's a brain dump catch up post if I've ever seen one. I hope you are having a wonderful 2019 so far, friends! Thanks for catching up with me :).

xoxo, Chelan


No comments :

Post a Comment