Friday, September 7, 2018

Friday Five

Happy Friday, everyone! I've seen several bloggers do some version of a "Friday Five" post before and they always look fun. So today, I'm sharing 5 things about me that you may not know:

1. I had snaggle teeth once upon a time. We're talking like shark teeth that grew in over top of my baby teeth bc my baby teeth wouldn't fall out no matter how much I tried to wiggle them.

2. Marco Polo is my current favorite app. My friend's and I have kind of reconnected on Marco Polo within the last couple of months and chatting with them every day has been SO FUN!

3. I stuffed my training bra in grade 6 one time. I grabbed a bunch of my mom's swimsuit padding things and put them in my sparkly purple training bra. Then I wore the biggest hoodie I could find over top of my shirt because I was soooo nervous about my new 'boobs' and I ended up not taking the hoodie off at all that day because I was too scared.

4. When we went to Bald Head Island last weekend I cooked a few real meals for the first time in over 3 months and I liked it. Did you read that right? I LIKED COOKING!

5. When I got married, I became very, very insecure. I expected the opposite would happen bc you know, you don't have to impress anybody anymore. But for some reason, and through no fault of Parker's, I lost a lot of self-confidence that I had had up until that point. I've come a long way since then and I'm still learning but I'm not exactly where I want to be yet. I'm also not sure why that happened and I'm still trying to figure out exactly what changed but I've talked to a few girlfriends about it and apparently they encountered the same thing. If you're married, did you experience this, too? And if so, why do you think that is?



Have a fabulous weekend, friends!

xoxo, Chelan


2 comments :

  1. Long time reader, first time commenter, haha. My guess in your last point is because of Instagram/social media. I bet you were married around the time lifestyle blogs and social media accounts we’re getting big, and who doesn’t struggle with comparing their reality with someone else’s carefully edited and curated “perfect and beautiful life.” I’ve definitely struggled more with confidence too since everyone started trying to sell me expensive lipstick and shampoo and skin care that promise to make me more beautiful, like there’s something wrong with me to begin with. You’re darling, keep blogging 😘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet and I'm glad to meet you! Thank you for reading all this time! I have had that thought, too. I didn't have social media until shortly before Parker came home from his mission (at least Instagram and a smartphone..) so I wonder if that did play a bigger part in it all. Your comment has given me something to think about. Thanks again, Kristen! <3 <3

      Delete