Monday, August 13, 2018

Family Time in Canada

I spent a week and a half in Cardston with my family and it was as a blast, as always. We went to Beazer & Wally's, Matlin did my hair, and we played more games of Nertz than I can count. We went to the Carriage House Theater's Summer Theather production of Newsies, we played pickleball at the high school and we went birthday shopping in Calgary. I did the photo shoot with my friends for our How We Wore It Series (if you missed that last post, click here!) and we went to a Harry Potter Birthday Party. We had such a good time and I loved being able to spend so much time with my friends and family! They are the best!
New hair courtesy of my amazing sister @hairbymatlin!

Loved spending time with this little dude!
Teaching him young to love the good stuff (btw that's not even my drink cuz I'm still off of caffeine!!!!!!).
Shopping with my mom and Jodi in Calgary! They are a hoot!
We always get crepes at what we call 'the crepe place' in the Cross Iron Mills mall. I don't actually know what it's called but we get the chicken caesar crepe and the New York something or other dessert crepe. It has cheesecake in it and it's pure nectar of the heavens. We share both of them every time. We also get the Spudnut chips at the kiosk but those aren't pictured. SO GOOD! Our shopping trips are really all about the food, right Mom?
See? More food! I HAD to get poutine while I was in Canada. It's a must and it's divine.
Aaaaand bubbletea bc #itsallaboutthefood
My mom and I got to help my Nana and Pumpa with a party for their family home evening friends before going to see Newsies so naturally we wore hats that fit the occasion. We also got some of the best food eeeeeevvvveeeerrrr at the party. It was so fun to see my sweet grandparents interact with their friends! It made me want to do better as a friend so I can stay close to all my besties forever!
After some schweaty pickleball at the old stomping grounds!
 Hermione, Luna Lovegood (her glasses are in her purse), and Moaning Myrtle in the flesh.
Eating Nana's delicious cookies!
Goodbyes are terrible. I HATE saying goodbye to these people... but I have faith that Parker and I are where we are supposed to be at this point in our lives. We really have been so blessed in our relationship with each other by living far away from family and we've also met some pretty amazing people along the way, too. The experiences we've had while living away from family show me that God is in the details of our lives. He knows what we need, who we need, and what will push us and help us grow into the people that we need and want to be. I'm grateful for that because it gives me the strength I need to say goodbye, knowing that all will be well even though its hard every single time. #familyovereverything #familyiseverything

xoxo, Chelan

What you can’t see in this picture is that my shirt says family over everything and how true that is! I boarded the train this evening and had to keep myself from sobbing after I said goodbye to my family. It really never ever gets easier. But I’m so excited to see Parker tomorrow! It’s been too long apart! Grateful for every moment I was able to spend with my fam this summer 💙💙 #nertz #arethereanymorechips? #familyiseverything
A post shared by Chelan Hollingsworth (@chelan22) on

No comments :

Post a Comment