Sunday, August 5, 2018

Camping in Spokane with the McMurray clan!

After our amazing week in Eureka, we headed to Spokane, Washington to meet up with my family for a week of camping. And boyyyy was this week ever fun! We weren't sure if Matlin and Camrie (my little sisters) were able to join us because they had to work part way through the week but they ended up coming and surprising us which we were SO excited about!

The KOA campground that we stayed at was in the perfect location, had an awesome pool that was surprisingly not very busy, and it also had a pickleball court which turned out to be the highlight of the trip - for me anyway. I'd never played pickleball before so I was a little disappointed at first that it wasn't a tennis court but I hereby declare pickleball as my new favorite sport. Between the 6 of us (my parents, Matlin, Camrie, Parker, and me) we had a good group and created every team possible. My Aunt Karma and Uncle Jack and their kids, Logan and Catch, were there, too, so we played pickleball with them as well! It seems like most matches were pretty even so the games were always exciting and close!

Each day went pretty much like this:

Wake up and work for a bit, eat breakfast, head to the pool and lay out, play pickleball and get hot, jump in the pool to cool off, lay out, eat snacks, play cards, play more pickleball and get hot, jump in the pool to cool off, lay out, eat snacks, play a game, and repeat. We would take a lunch break and would clean up for dinner after we had had enough pool time then we would head back to play more pickleball in the evenings. Some nights featured a little shopping, we went to Mama Mia another night, and we celebrated Matlin's 21st birthday by going to Texas Roadhouse another evening. One day we spent our time at Lake Coeur d'Alene and that was a blast, too! We often played games and ate more snacks in the evenings and then I usually finished off the days with a little more work before bed.



Matlin and Camrie left Wednesday afternoon and that was sad but it didn't stop the rest of us from continuing to have a good time.

Another highlight of the week was biking the Hiawatha Trail. It's an old railway that's been converted into a bike path that is 15 miles long. While biking you go on some pretty high bridges and through some really long tunnels. So long, in fact, that you have to bring a jacket and wear a headlamp/have a bike lamp in order to see where you are going. It was a really cool experience and oh, the best part? It's all downhill so you don't have to do much work which is just how I like to bike ;). If you decide to give it a try, be sure to have a comfy seat on your bike otherwise you'll be sore for a few days afterward lol.
The biking crew!
Please forgive my horrendous outfit. It was supposedly going to be very hot on the trail (it wasn't actually hot) but I forgot to pack shorts that were for activewear so I had to wear Parker's... The grey on grey is pretty fashionable, right? And I think the whole helmet and light look finishes off the ensemble perfectly. 

On Sunday, Parker and I parted ways - he headed to Portland to start his rotation and I went with my parents to Canada for a bit so I could spend some more time with my family! Thanks, Mom and Dad, for the great camping trip! It was the best one yet!

Happy Sunday!

xoxo, Chelan


No comments :

Post a Comment