Friday, June 22, 2018

Our Magical Trip to Harry Potter World in May 2018

Parker got to go to a dermatology conference in Florida in May and as soon as I heard that they booked out The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Studios for part of the conference I knew that I had to tag along. How could I not, right? My boss was gracious enough to give me time off to go with Parker because she knew how much I love HP and I am so grateful because our time at Harry Potter World was literally some of the happiest hours of my life and I'm not exaggerating at all.
As soon as we landed in Orlando, Parker got an email saying that food and an open bar would be included at the park which we were super surprised by. We were pretty skeptical thinking that there was no way that butterbeer would be included in that open bar because they had to make money somehow, right? Especially since our tickets to the event were so inexpensive at $25 a person. We were fully prepared to spend the rest of the money that we would have on tickets to Universal on butterbeer alone. After riding the free shuttle to the back entrance of the park we walked the little way left to the entrance of Hogsmeade and as soon as I heard the music I started to get emotional. It truly is a magical place!

First things first, butterbeer! There was a butterbeer cart near the entrance and we walked directly up to it to get in line behind another HP World goer. To our utter astonishment, they were handed their butterbeer and walked away without paying. IT WAS FREE! My eyes started watering some more because butterbeer was freaking free! I remember thinking over and over again, "Is this real life?"


We each had 6 butterbeers (enough to make ourselves sick but oh so worth it) and were able to pretty much walk onto the rides because the lines were nonexistent. The Hogwarts Express was also available to us all evening long so that was a fun attraction that we hadn't been able to do the first time we went to Universal back in 2015. Walking through all the shops was another highlight because the attention to detail in that place is absolutely incredible. It really is like you're transported into a different world. The included dinner was delicious and super filling (or maybe that was the multiple butterbeers I was chugging while simultaneously eating dinner). I had my wand with me and gosh I just can't stop smiling while typing this. I wish I could just relive those 3 hours over and over again.
We were both equally as exhausted as we were happy at the end of the night and fell asleep quickly with overfull bellies and smiles on our faces. What an adventure!

Have you been to Harry Potter World? If not, you need to put it on your bucketlist ASAP! And don't forget to try the butterbeer! We prefer it frozen!

xoxo, Chelan


No comments :

Post a Comment