Saturday, March 31, 2018

Happy Easter and a little Personal Progress

Happy Easter weekend, everyone! I hope you are having a grand time searching for Easter eggs, eating way too much chocolate, coloring some hard-boiled eggs, not going to see the Easter Bunny bc he's creepier than anything else in this world, and most importantly, celebrating the amazing sacrifice of Jesus Christ and His resurrection, aaaaaaand watching General Conference with your loved ones! What a great weekend, right?

If you don't know what General Conference is, it's only one of the greatest weekends of the year where the leaders of the LDS church speak to the members for an entire weekend of spiritual, uplifting goodness. It helps you refocus your life and priorities on what's really important and there's just so much good that is shared! You can click HERE to tune in!

As some of you know, my calling in my ward right now is the Young Women's President. Dun dun dun..... and one of the things I love most about the Young Women's program is the Personal Progress program. It's basically a program to help women become the best that they can be and to help us grow closer to our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ along the way. Once a month, the Young Women of our ward get together to work on Personal Progress and this last month we decided that we were going to work specifically on Knowledge Value Experience #2. It says:

"In your journal list talents you have and others you would like to develop. Read Matthew 25:14–30. Learn a new skill or talent that will help you care for your own future family or home (for example, playing the piano, singing, budgeting, time management, cooking, sewing, or child care). Share with your family, class, or Young Women leader what you have learned."

I chose to work on sewing. I have a lot of skills and activities that I would love to dedicate more time to/learn how to do (like cross-stitching, photography, scrapbooking, journaling, golfing etc) and sewing is one of the things that I've been wanting to try for a long time now. I haven't sewn anything since home ec class in junior high so to say I was nervous was an understatement. However, I'm working on not being a hypocritical YW leader and doing what I say I'm going to do so once I committed to this, I knew I couldn't back out. I headed to Pinterest and found this tutorial for a skirt that looked pretty easy from one of my favorite bloggers, went to Hobby Lobby to pick up the supplies and gave it a whirl. I'm pretty dang proud of myself. I only had to use my seam ripper twice before I finally got it right and I wore the skirt to church the next day and it didn't fall apart so, yay! Just don't look too close, ok?! :)

Also, a ginormous thank you to the amazing Brittany Lowry for taking these photos and making my skirt (and me) look good! She's so talented! 

Shoes: Old Navy. They're old but Old Navy has such a good shoe selection right now! Go check it out here!
Denim Jacket: Forever 21
T-shirt: Old Navy (really old) but I just got a couple of their 'boyfriend' t-shirts yesterday and I'm loving them!

Anyway, I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and enjoy celebrating this special holiday in whatever way you choose. He lives!

xoxo, Chelan

No comments :

Post a Comment